Monday, July 7, 2008

Speaking of the issue with the Funk feature...

When I fall in love with a song, I just have to hear it over and over again. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I punch that repeat button on whatever music machine is playing my song, and then just let go. There was a pretty great mix of a Kylie Minogue song years ago that I couldn't get enough of. "Come into My World," layered over a Fischerspooner track. That Andre 3000 Polaroid shaking song I loved, too. Recently, I sing along to "Kaho Na Kaho" when I get the chance ("ye anken bolti hain, o sanam o sanam"--I'm still working on it). What on Earth does this have to do with our Funk feature?

In case you missed last Wednesday's comment by Christopher, we should let you know that "Unrequite" by Stephanie Taylor, a poem featured in Indiana Review summer 2008, got some more play on Poetry Daily last Sunday, July 6.

Go on and read it already. Again and again, if you want.

-Jenny

1 comment:

hannah faith said...

Just in case you can't get enough: http://youtube.com/watch?v=aOpWeAY_sEc